Friday, December 25, 2009

Christmas Decorations

I'm pretty sure I mentioned it before but I LOVE Christmas. It's my favorite holiday. I love everything about it. The cold weather, the lights the decorations, the gifts, the parties, the family togetherness. So when Christmas time comes around I kind of go crazy. Since Ryan and I have been married 11 years I have been collecting decorations a little each year. I didn't realize how much stuff I had until we went to storage to get it out or storage and it filled up the bed of Ryan's truck.

It didn't come out very good but this is the outside of the house my hubby humors me and helps me put up the outside decorations because he knows I enjoy them.

Hailey got this Pooh Bear for her second Christmas everyone pitched in and got it for her. The Reindeer my brother Jim made for me. Isn't he talented!! There not in it but it has green numbers that stick out of the top to count down the days until Christmas.


My brother also made me this Santa. This Santa actually talk when you walk by but I don't put batteries in him because it annoys me. I just think it looks cool on my light.

you can't tell but they are penguins that light up my walkway. The snow man/Santa sign that welcomes everyone to our home


When I was a kid we always put the cards on our front door and I wanted to do the same thing So the first year we did it and it worked great until we took the cards off and it ripped the paint off the door, so even though it annoys Ryan that I'm pulling the paint off the door every year I continue to do it. Sorry Hunny. These are my snowman that represent my babies. They have telescoping legs so I can make them taller and shorter. I went to Kirklands to spend a gift card I had gotten from my boss and I saw them and fell in love with them but then I saw they were $25 a piece and I just couldn't spend $75 for snowmen. put then I got closer and realized they were 50% off they were only $37 dollars and I had a $25 gift card so I only had to pay $12 for the 3 of them. So I packed them up and took them home and the kids and I love them every year when I take them out of the box, they want to know which snowman is them. The Big advent Calender if it weren't for Hailey it would have never gotten changed. But sure enough every morning when I got up she would have moved the tree to the next day.


My mother in law gave me both of these. the Noel sign she gave me when she was cleaning out her Christmas stuff and decided she didn't want anymore, but I thought it was super cute so I took it home. The stocking countdown she bought me at a craft show we went to when we both lived in Safford. I loved it but we were poor newlywed and I couldn't afford it so she was sweet enough to get it for me.


My entry way table and mirror, I put lights around the mirror every year and the fake candles is something we use to do when I was a kid we always had them either in our window or on our fireplace. That snow man looks cute, and he sings a really cute song that goes "I'm gonna lasso Santa clause and you know just why because" and he's really cute but when your kids play him over and over and over again he's not so cute anymore. The reindeer in the chair sings "Grandma got run over by a reindeer" I bought it for my grandma Annie for Christmas and then my mom reminded me that she hated when my brother and Grandpa sang that song to her and she hates cutesy thing that make noise so instead of returning it I kept it. The reindeer were so cute. My mom bought them when Jacob was a baby a girl and a boy so when I had Ben I told her I needed another boy so she searched the Internet and found me one. You can't see them real well but I have the characters from Rudolf then only problem is they sing and my kids love them and sometimes they get them all going at the same time.


My Precious moments Nativity Scene the donkey and camel are new. Mom also got me a cow but it didn't come in time so I won't get it until later. And the year each of my babies was born Santa brought my new baby a bear with their birth year on the foot the kids love them and haul them all over the house all Christmas season.


the entertainment center with our Mickey and Minnie that we got for our first Christmas together. and my cups with candles that I got from my boss's wife the first Christmas I worked for them. On Mickey's side that's all the snow man I've collected and on Minnie's side it's all the Santa's I've collected


I don't know where i got the sign but I just love it. and our home made stockings. I'm not sure where the tradition started but Ryan's mom side does it. and when ever someone new joins the family we make them one. I collect M&M dispensers. The year that the one with the two M&M's sitting on the couch was in stores I asked for it for Christmas because I thought it was so cute and it just kind of snow balled from there. These are just my Christmas ones.

No comments: