Monday, February 1, 2010

Celiacs

So I called the Dr. because ever since I had the endoscopy done my stomach has been killing me, and Ryan is really worried because it's been hurting so bad for 2 weeks and in his words that's just not normal. So they called me back this morning and said they could see me today at 11. When I told her I couldn't make it she told me if I didn't come then they couldn't see me for 2 weeks. So I rearrange my carpool schedule so I could go and on top of everything I have a horrible head cold so I drug myself down to the office. He told me I have Celiacs. Which is what he thought I didn't have. Which really sucks because that means I'm allergic to gluten. Do you know how many things have gluten in them. EVERYTHING!! He is a little concerned that I might have something else because people who have celiacs and are still on gluten usually don't have the stomach problems I have, so he wants me to get off the gluten and then see how my stomach is, and then maybe run some more tests. But it could take up to 3 months for the gluten to be out of my system. After I left the Dr's office I got a little annoyed when I thought about it. The Dr. knew I had this disease and if I couldn't come in, in the one little spot they had he was going to make me wait another 2 weeks suffering and not letting me know what I had. So now I need to do lots research there suppose to call me back and let me know about going to a nutritionist. and I need to have blood work done every 3 months to test my gluten levels.

No comments: