Saturday, March 21, 2009

AZ Museum of Natural History

We took the Jim and the Kids to the Museum. We all had a great time.


Hailey had been there before on a field trip with School, but Jacob had never been there and he was so excited he would run from one display to the next as fast as he could and yell "Look at this"


Hailey wanted to stop and read every sign to grandma or I.


We kept loosing Dad who was pushing Ben because he went through the exhibits fast and Ryan because he wanted to stop and read every display.


Cute Kids


This ones not a very good picture but It one of the only ones of me, I made Ben stay in the stroller most of the time because I don't trust him not to runaway.When I did let him out and put him on a leash, all he wanted to do was lick the bars. I tried to convince him that it was discusting but he didn't seem to think it was.


Jacob was so excited to go to the Museum he kept telling me all week. We're going to go see the dinosaurs with no Skin.


In the Native American display there was a little cave with a huge picture of a Woolly Mammoth and every now and then it would trumpet the woolly mammoth sound. Hailey refused to go in, it was to load and Scary. But Jacob loved it.


Upstairs they had a Poop Display. I thought it was a little gross but the kids loved it. Hailey watching the movie about Poop.

As we were walking out of this display another little boy and girl were walking in. And the little boy said "look Mommy there's a Monkey in there". and Jacob turns to him and says "Yeah they've got poop in there too."


Jacob looking at books about Poop. They had this display and you were suppose to determine what poop belonged to what animals. Jacob was very upset by this because the poop looked very real and there was a shoe as part of the display he kept trying to climb over the fence to get "some ladies shoe"


My cute kids being movie stars and us resting, it was a long day, with lots of walking we were tired.



They had a display of an old jail the kids thought it was fabulous. At one point Hailey asked us to go away and leave her there in jail.


They also had mining for gold and the kids were really excited to try it. But some how I was the one that ended up bending over the troft swishing the pan around for 5 minutes. And when I was done and I had this little pan of gold flakes Hailey goes running over and says "look at the gold I found" I get no respect.

1 comment:

Lucinda said...

We just went there on a field trip w/Cole's preschool. It is an awesome place!