Sunday, June 28, 2009

The Ranch

The kids and I go to my family's ranch in Northern New Mexico almost every summer. We really enjoy it we get to spend some quality time with Aunt Sissy who I love and the kids adore. The kids get to play in the dirt all the want. And I get to share some of my family history with them. My family has owned the land since the 1800's when my great grandparents homesteaded the area. My dad has very fond memories of the ranch from his childhood and that was something that my dad shared with us and now I am glad that I can pass it on to my kids, I hope they grow to love the land and history as much as I do.



This is a cool old building on the way to the ranch I love these old buildings. One of these days when my kids are big and don't need me so much Mom and I are going to tour the country and I'm going to take pictures of old buildings and mom is going to write and we're going to write a coffee table book.


Aunt Sissy has a little park behind her house with a swing set and bouncy horse. the kids always enjoy playing in it.





Ben pushed this dump truck all around the yard. He would get tired so he would sit in it and want one of us to come push him back to the house. And of course Hailey or I would give in and go push him back.






No comments: