Thursday, September 30, 2010


Our Jacob boy had his tonsils and adenoids out. I have had a very hard time with this. At first I was OK with it, but the more I got to thinking about it the more it made me uncomfortable with the thought of them putting my baby out and removing parts of his body. And the side effects that could have happen, it was scaring me. When I woke up this morning I was so sick to my stomach, and had such bad anxiety when we got there I told Ryan I didn't want to do it I wanted to take my baby an d go home. But my very smart husband talked me down and we took him back to the pre-op room we had to have him go to the bathroom and change into a gown. Well my Jacob boy does not like to be told to go to the bathroom so he got really mad. But by the time he went potty and we got his clothes changed he was fine. So we went and sat in this little space with a curtain, and waited, Jacob played on the IPhone and we spent time just the three of us. I was doing fine until Jacob climbed over in my lap and we could hear this other little boy screaming, I started to get weepy so it was a good thing he was in front of me and couldn't see me, then the nurse came in and let Jacob pick his scent for his mask, more waiting and then the Dr. and anesthesiologist came and talked to us and he took my baby by the hand and took away to be operated on, as soon as he walked around the corner I burst into tears. And Ryan comforted me and assured me it would be alright.

Then we went back out to the waiting room and waited some more, I went next door to the pharmacy to pick up his prescriptions Ryan poked his head in to say he was done, so we headed back in and stood in the recovery room waiting and we could hear Jacob screaming but we didn't know where he was. That's when Jacob got a little anxiety and was upset because we could hear our baby screaming but we had know idea where he was. Finally a nurse came and got us and we followed her and Jacob was screaming and thrashing around and the nurse had a hold of him and he was trying his hardest to get away from her and hit her screaming I want my mommy with this scared look on his face. When he saw me I reached for him and the nurse let go and he just continued to scream and scream. SO the nurse told me to sit down on the bed with him. So I layed down with him and he would every couple of minutes sit up an Scream "I don't want to be here" "I want to go home" " I don't like it here" he would pull his heart thing off his thumb try to take his bandage off, When Ryan helped him get a drink he grabbed the cup and squeezed it and then when she brought a Popsicle he was mad cause it was the wrong color. and took one bite and hit me with it, Then fell asleep on my chest. He slept for about 30-45 minutes and then woke up and was a happy little boy again.

When the nurse told him she was going to take out his IV he wasn't to excited about that but we told him that meant we could go home, and I suggested a movie, but I couldn't think of one off the top of my head so daddy suggested star wars. So he decided to let her mess with it. He kept calling the nurse Dr. he told her "Dr. I wish you could come home with us" "Dr. I wish you were part of our family" we went over his discharge info and got him dressed and he stood up on the bed and I was afraid he was going to fall and then he jumped in the nurses arm and gave her a big hug and told her "I love you" We took him home and put him to bed in our bed. He again was unhappy because daddy promised him star wars. But within minutes he was back asleep. Poor baby he has either slept or thrown up all day. I got the on call Dr. to prescribe him a anti-nausea medicine.

No comments: