Monday, September 28, 2009

Fall Garden

Back when I didn't have 3 kids and a huge church calling Ryan and I made a square foot garden box. Well Life has been so busy that I haven't planted anything for several seasons. Those of you who don't live in AZ we have 2 growing seasons here one in the spring and one in the fall. So this year I took the time and did it. I went online to the agricultural website found out what was good to plant this time of year and planted my garden. I have to put a fence around mine or my dog gets in it and eat's my plants. So I locked poor Ben outside the fence but I let the big kids come in and help me.






We planted Green beans, Broccoli, and Carrots and one box of marigolds because someone told me one time that marigolds keep afids away. Several years ago I planted Asparagus and they all died but one plant. And that one plant just keeps hanging on. When there's nothing else alive in the garden and I forget to water it it still continues to grow. It must have found an underground water source somehow.

No comments: