Sunday, August 9, 2009

Jacobs first church talk

Jacob gave his first talk in Primary today. He was really excited to do it, but I thought he would back out at the last minute. But when we got to church and I reminded him he said "yeah I get to talk into the microphone." So he did it so he could talk into the microphone but at least he did it. What a big boy he's turned into.


The talk Daddy helped him write:

D&C 124:40 And verily I say unto you, let this house be built unto my name, that I may reveal mine ordinances therein unto my people.

This house is the Temple, which is the House of God. In the temple, we promise to obey Heavenly Father and he promises blessings to us and our families. One of the special blessings He gives us is that we can be sealed to our mothers, fathers, brothers, sisters and ancestors. Our families can be together forever.

Primary Hymn - I love to see the temple.
I love to see the temple.
I’ll go inside someday.
I’ll cov’nant with my Father;
I’ll promise to obey.
For the temple is a holy place
Where we are sealed together.
As a child of God, I’ve learned this truth:
A fam’ly is forever.

We should have faith, be kind, helpful, obey our parents, keep commandments, and share with our brothers and sisters so we can prepare to enter the temple when we are old enough.

I say these things in the name of Jesus Christ, Amen.

No comments: